Volker Braun wrote:
Is there an error further up in the log? Strace the hanging proces

Sometimes you need to run "sage -sync-build".

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:22:06 PM UTC+1, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

    Is there anything short of "make distclean && make" to fix the stuck
    docbuild:

    By "stuck" I mean that I run make and

    the output (and logs/dochtml.log) getting stuck at
    [history_a] no targets are out of date.
    [structure] loading cross citations... looking for now-outdated
    files... none found
    [structure] no targets are out of date.

    while there are python processes like this:
      python $SAGE_ROOT/src/doc/common/builder.py --no-pdf-links all html
    sitting in the memory doing (almost) nothing for hours and hours.

    "make doc-clean" does not help.

    This must be a bug in sphinx, IMHO...
    I have seen this many times already.

() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign