On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> On 2014-08-04 16:35, Burcin Erocal wrote:
>>
>> There is one more option:
>>
>> (4) include the relevant python/cython code in the package, build
>>      and install it with the package.

I like (4) the best, but it requires a significant change (compared to
1-3, which are each trivial to implement).

> That's a possibility, although it complicates doctesting: that extra code
> wouldn't get doctested.

Does anybody actually doctest code in the Sage library that uses
optional packages?  I wrote the "#optional" tags so that this would be
possible, but never really kept up with it.

The install process for the optional package can at least run a test
suite, when the SAGE_CHECK variable is set.  This could run the
corresponding doctests, which might be in the package.

William

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics