On 28 Aug 2014 21:58, "kcrisman" <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> However, can we put VirtualBox and Sage to one .exe? What is really
needed
>> is to convert http://wiki.sagemath.org/SageAppliance to be just "1)
>> Download this .exe, 2) Doubleclick it, 3) Ready".
>>
>> Yes, I wrote an installer which included the VirtualBox installer and
the Sage Appliance inside one exe.
>> Technically it is no problem,
>

> The Holy Grail...  one click to install Sage on Windows!
>

>> I don't know about legal implications.
>

>  Yeah, I think that is the problem :(

There's no harm in asking Oracle,  who I assume own VirtualBox, for
permission to do something outside the license conditions.

Some years ago there was a discussion about using Wolfrom|Alpha in a way
that some believed was outside the terms of use of the site. I sought
permission to do it,  and Wolfram Research said that they would permit us
to do it. The sad thing is I don't think we ever used it,  but that's
another issue.

Dave