On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You misunderstood, we are not going to distribute Sage linked to MKL. This
> is obviously not legal to distribute. But it should be possible for you to
> compile Sage with alternate BLAS implementations on your own machine if you
> chose to.

Ah, sorry for the confusion. In fact, we *did* want to distribute numpy
binaries linked against the MKL, but on close inspection of the license, we
realized that wouldn't be possible.  That page I linked to on the numpy
wiki lists a bunch of information about the (sad) state of building and
distributing numerical software on Windows, that may be useful as a
reference for Sage as well...

Cheers,