> you wanted to know a function f that might be harded for your algorithm
vs ILP,
> and I give you one, as above. I won't tell you it comes from a graph.
> (and I implement it to be very slow on small-size subsets :-))

And I maintain it, but you are not allowed to write a problem-specific LP:
you should use the LP that works on all instances.

If you use the LP that you proposed above on a graph with no edges you are
precisely in the situation where the function is equal to lambda
x:len(x)<=1. And you will spend an exponential time and memory to find that
the largest clique is equal to one vertex.

I have not tried, but I am pretty convinced that the function has better
performances.

nathann