Hi Volker,

If upstream keeps refusing additions like ispseudoprimepower then we could
> collect them into a separate shared library that we install separately, but
> its not worth the effort right now.

I don't think there is a possibility of this happening.  To avoid the
impression that it is almost impossible to get new code into PARI: I have
contributed (internal) PARI functions for faster linear algebra over finite
fields on several occasions.  I also have my own collection of PARI
routines, but the reason they exist is specific enough that there is no
reason why they should go into upstream.

On Friday, September 26, 2014 9:32:59 AM UTC+1, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

>> Upstream's reaction: "Well, but who would use it ?"
>>

> Answer: Number theorists, most likely ;-)

Actually a very small subset, like Sage developers who want to implement
GF(p^n, proof=False)...