Yes I do use a lot of integration so Maxima is heavily used.  Even if that
was *all* I used.....wouldn't it still be best
to use Sage instead of wxMaxima?

I would guess Sage is better supported plus it has all the rest of the
functionality should I ever need it.

Furthermore, I know Python 100x better than Lisp.