I waited a little bit before saying my bit.
You are making my work as a person packaging sage for a distro difficult.
Heck it was difficult when you started shipping pari 2.4 snapshots while
you were release manager.
The only thing that keeps me from quitting is pure dumb stubbornness.

As for my opinion on the two patches that would cause divergence:
* On infinities upstream has a point and it may be best left alone.

* On the extra function, I am on your side. If you have a set of functions,
you try to make it complete. Sooner or later someone will want the ones
that are missing in your set however dumb, trivial or useless you think they
are. I am sure a number of people could come with examples, I certainly
have one.

François

On 27/09/2014, at 19:23, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:

> On 2014-09-26 10:32, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
>> * qfparam_primpart.patch: fixes PARI bug #1611, upstream has not yet
>> commented on this.
> This has now been accepted upstream, so there is 1 less patch to worry about.

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.