On 2014-09-29 22:58, Volker Braun wrote:
I propose to remove the SAGE_UPGRADING variable and make it act like it
would be always "yes" (instead of "no", which is the current default).
Right now, we sabotage "make" to not rebuild dependencies of rebuilt
packages. So you don't have to wait long for your broken Sage installation.
I certainly agree with this, but it should be said that "make" will take a longer time when changing packages. For example, you will see ATLAS being rebuilt very frequently (it has many dependencies and if one of those changes, ATLAS will get rebuilt).