Hello,

> Let's for sanity's sake suppose that == among all vertex labels of
> FinitePosets is an equivalence relation. Let's moreover suppose that
> hashing respects this equivalence relation.

Thanks,

> Then the problem seems to be that in the unique representation
> (an_integer_labelled_hasse_diagram, list_of_vertex_labels)
> of FinitePoset the internal mapping from vertex labels to integers is
> exposed.
>
> It seems to me that this can be fixed by
> A) getting rid of the exposure of the internal mapping,
> or
> B) by making the internal mapping unique given the Hasse diagram
> labelled using the actual vertex labels.
>
> Option A probably involves using a vertex label labelled Hasse diagram
> in the unique representation. The issue then becomes implementing that.

I will rewrite it by making Poset.__init__ only depend on a hasse diagram
represented by a labelled digraph (which will then be translated internally
into an integer-labelled HasseDiagram). This way the key is the labelled
hasse diagram, which is the only thing that makes sense.

Nicolas told me that this "_elements" thing was only used by Anne Schilling
in her markov-related code. So I will create some AnneSchillingPoset class
with list of elements, keys and everything she needs and get us a real
Poset class. And I hope everything will hold together afterwards.

Thank you for your message, though. Asking a design question only earned me
answers about "what is equality", and "can you provide a bug report which
is not the bug report you provided".

Now, all I have to do is write somebody else's code.

Nathann