On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Travis Scrimshaw wrote:

That's exactly what I'm saying. With this change, that may not occur if
someone had overwritten interval() with some slightly different behavior in
a subclass and was calling closed_interval(), they would experience an
unexpected change (or, perhaps more likely, a major slow-down). It would be
calling the interval() of FinitePoset rather than the subclass.

rsk.py contains "robinson_schensted_knuth = RSK", posets.py contains "Posets_all = Posets" and poset_examples.py contains "posets = Posets". Does same thing happen with those also?

 * * *

As I wrote to ticket, it seems a little confusing for me to have documentation with two functions, both with examples and so, that actually does same thing. Maybe docstring of other could be only "Alias for <link>xxx()</link>."?

--
Jori Mäntysalo