Am 2014-11-15 um 19:29 schrieb Volker Braun:
> Works for me, possibly because I have a newer git.

$ git --version
git version 2.1.3

Can it be that it works for you because the commit
ec0aae9358f5204a3db6406b2c2f2818a78f5892 (this is the actual commit of #16747)
is contained in your local repository?

At least that is the pattern for me: as long as
        git log -1 ec0aae9358f5204a3db6406b2c2f2818a78f5892
does not return an error, I can do
        git trac checkout 16747
without problems.

Once I get rid of the commit (removed all branches containing it, removed all
pertinent entries of the reflog, git gc --prune=all; it was astonishingly
difficult to really get rid of it), I cannot fetch it anymore (conforming to the
deliberate limitation of git fetch you mentioned earlier).

> Also, can you keep
> the messages on the maliinglist since it might be of interest to
> others.

sorry, pressed the wrong buttons yesterday. Thanks for pointing it out.

regards, CH.