> Nathann-bashing has become a game or what ?...

Sorry, wasn't intended as Nathan-bashing: I was just referring to your
previous comment.

> The problem with your method is that you change all timestamps. I do
> it reverse: fetch the remote branch, and merge it into develop. No
> change in the timestamps.

OK, will try this in future. Of course, this doesn't work with branches
that have not been pushed to trac. When push pushing to trac I guess that
rebase -i should be used to prune the local commits to something
reasonable.

The recommended way is to stay on the old version unless you actually need
> something from the latest development branch.

When the branch is finally ready for review it has to be merged with the
latest development branch, so you can't avoid this indefinitely. As with
Nathan, I'm reluctant to continuously switch between versions because of
the compile time lag.

Andrew