> At least two of us who voted against the Code of Conduct think it a good
> idea to amend with a clause to the following effect:

I think that it is a good clause, and I hope that the document to which it
could eventually belong will be a "Guidelines" one and not a code. It says
what you can expect on sage-devel when writing there, and that you should
not always take what is being said personnally. It also discards from the
current code the idea that you will be judged not for what you say but for
how you say it.

Actually, re-reading the current code of conduct, it is pretty depressing.
The third line is about "Communication problems and unhappiness"...
Basically what it says cannot help much: everybody tries to be patient, and
friendly, and considerate.. Having this in a code does not seem to lead
anywhere further.

The "code" should describe what sage-devel feels like, and in such a way it
will be a good disclaimer to tell newcomers what to expect and how to
react. If it tries to change how we already behave, well, it is a code or a
law.

I do not know what is the procedure now: amendments are discussed on a
thread, and then added to the wiki page if people agree with it ?

http://wiki.sagemath.org/SageCommunityProposal

Nathann