I've tried to follow Volker's suggestion and prepare a python object for
this purpose. However, I found a problem that I cannot manage. I must warn
that my programming skills in python are rather limited (to say the less)
and, therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a silly issue.

The fact is that substitute (subs) function of my code works fine in SAGE
but it doesn't in pure python because of object type when using 'sum' (line
52 of my code). It works if I use replace function instead. However, in
this case it is SAGE which complains about. (I had to make further changes
in code for pure python but they seem to work).

In summary, now I have two codes: one for SAGE in SAGE-style (I took the
idea of returning results in a dictionary from other SAGE functions, like
"solve" or "find_fit", which work this way), and another in pure python
style.

Nevertheless, I think that a different strategy could be much better.
Instead of preparing a different new function, it can be better to modify
SAGE's "find_fit" to include new functionality. I've had a look on
"find_fit" code and it seems not very difficult. However  I have tried to
directly load "find_fit" code (changing its name) in a notebook and found
that the following line  causes an error:

from sage.calculus.calculus import SymbolicExpression,
CallableSymbolicExpression

from sage.calculus.calculus import SymbolicExpression,
CallableSymbolicExpression
ImportError: cannot import name SymbolicExpression

Any hint?