Dear Vincent,

I proposed a ticket (really two: 17732 and 17733, because I did a mistake
in my first attempt, but they are equal) with a
proposal of a function" linear_model_fit", to be considered for its
possible inclusion in Sage standard package (in particular,
in src/sage/numerical/optimize.py).

As you suggested, I proposed you as a reviewer. Since I am a newbie in Sage
development,
I don't know whether you receive direct information on this point or not.
Therefore, I am writing this note just to communicate  this fact.

If you finally accept to review it and consider the proposal interesting,
please let me know if you think that further
functionality could be desirable, as I mention in my ticket.

Best.

Rafa.