Are the bugs over all fields, e.g.? Maybe thats a way to narrow it down?

Were you going to set the tickets to needs review after working more on it?

Maybe we should add a boolean flag factorize(proof=None) and optionally
check the result depending on the base ring, isn't that much cheaper than
computing the factorization anyways?