I also feel like we should remove it from the source code. The purpose
of eratosthene is very different from what Andrey pointed out with his
module about the simplex method. The function eratosthene is just an
illustration of "how you code a nice Python function". While the
simplex module is more of "exploration and experimentation of an
algorithm". For eratosthene you need to read the code while for the
simplex module you just experiment the functionalities of the object.

So I propose to move eratosthene from the source to the documentation
("where" is another question). And, as William pointed out, it would
be a good example to illustrate the power of Cython. And I definitely
think that Andrey simplex stuff has its place inside the source.

Vincent