Hi,

Le 25/02/2015 10:56, Julien Puydt a écrit :
it is a strange problem I have : using either debian's ecl or upstream's
the following code :

(ext:set-limit 'ext:heap-size 0)
(setq a (expt 10 (expt 10 5)))
(setq b (expt a 600))

gives a crash (SIGABRT) "Duplicate large block deallocation".

Where things get interesting, is that I get this code from sage, where
it actually works! What is annoying is that the last line comes from
this test (src/sage/interfaces/maxima.py, around line 570) :

         Test that we can use more than 256MB RAM (see trac :trac:`6722`)::

             sage: a = maxima(10)^(10^5)
             sage: b = a^600              # long time -- about 10-15
seconds

but trac's ticket #6722 is about spellchecking some modules... so I
guess there used to be a problem like the one I have, but I don't know
what was done to fix it.

Does someone remember ?

Upstream acknowledged it is a bug, still present in the devel version. I'll try to help them pinpoint and fix the problem -- if someone here has a clue why it works in sage, I'm sure they would appreciate the information.

Snark on #sagemath