The lower-case version is meant to be a functorial construction and IIRC
eventually replace the CamelCase version. The closest thing to getting it
to work currently is:

sage: C = cartesian_product([Set([1,2,3]), Set([1,2,3])])

but it currently doesn't have a working iterator.

   However, no one has time to work on this because certain people are
always raising hell in other parts of combinat and drawing our time and
energy away from doing these things and they have with a strong resistance
to anything related to categories.

Travis