On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 02:12:33PM -0800, William Stein wrote:
> Does that mean that you would be happy if
>
>  sage: cartesian_product([[1,2,3], [1,2,3]])
>
> did work?  And that it not working is just due to lack of time, rather
> than some fundamental design decision?

Yes indeed!

> (IIRC cartesian product was originally
> included in sage by Joel Mohler, who has long since worked in industry...)

I remembered CartesianProduct being written by Mike Hansen (at least
he bears the copyright on sage.combinat.cartesian_product); but I may
be wrong. The functorial construction cartesian_product was introduced
by me, with the intent of eventually being fused with
CartesianProduct. Gasp, that was 6 years ago; time flies ...

Cheers,
                                Nicolas
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/