Hellooooo Sergio,

Indeed, your branch looks very good. Could you add a doctest to the
function, however ? With your branch you "add a feature" (or fix a
bug, depending on how you look at it), and in both situations we try
to ilustrate the change with a new test in the function, illustrating
that everything works correctly: in your case, it could be an example
showing that the dominating number of a directed path is larger than
the dominating set of an undirected path (or any other example that
you like, or find more informative).

Also, your "isinstance" could be replaced by a call to
".is_directed()", but this is more a matter of taste I would say.

I am sorry for not being able to review it today. My laptop has no
battery left and I lost its charger yesterday, which is actually a lot
of trouble for me. I hope to see the problem solved by next week, and
I will review your patch as soon as possible anyway.

About your comment related to stopgaps: a stopgap is some warning that
we add in Sage to alert the user on a function that returns wrong
answers *while we try to fix it*. If we are able to fix it
immediately, there is no need for a stopgap.

About your recent experience: if you found anything in the developer's
manual which was unclear or could be improved, please tell us and/or
open a ticket to see it fixed.

Have a nice week-end,

Nathann