On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > how about having an SMC-only filestore or an http server for this kind
>> > of
>> > things?
>> > (just to save bandwidth...)
>>
>> Maybe later -- I don't know.  Harald tried posting binaries and paying
>> for the bandwidth on Google, and it cost over $50 in one day.  So
>> that's not an option right now.   Maybe a different hosting provider
>> would work for that purpose.
>

> github does allow binary downloads within their releases.
> Not sure whether one can host much this way, but perhaps
> a couple of gigabytes is possible.

That's a great idea!  It seems to solve the problem completely.  See
https://help.github.com/articles/distributing-large-binaries/
which says:

   "We don't limit the total size of your binary release files, nor
the bandwidth used to deliver them. However, each individual file must
be under 1GB in size."