> > Personally, I'm fine with EOL for SageNB in 2020 together with Python
> 2.x.
> > IMHO we should focus our energy on having a superior alternative ready
> by
> > then.
>
> +1
>
> At some point hopefully soon Jupyter notebook should be a sufficient
> replacement to sagenb, due to excellent work of volker and others.  It
> takes very much the same approach ui-wise as sagenb, and is just
> missing some graphics/other support.  And under the hood the
> architecture is better.

2020 seems more than reasonable, for sure.  My concerns are
* That people can still (easily) use their worksheets regardless of which
Sage they download/build *right now* (which suggests keeping sagenb
Python3-compatible)
* That there is a really good migration flow for sws -> whatever Jupyter
will be, as with previous versions of sagenb migration
* That Jupyter could be used as an in-house sagenb replacement for
small-scale multi-user (which I hear is in the works) for those who would
prefer this to trying to manage a local SMC installation
But some of those questions may be naive.