Hi all,

over at http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/18437 we have
some heated debate about what to do about polybori.

Let me summarize the situation.
* at this moment polybori is dead upstream
* polybori is the last package using scons
* is one of the last packages, if not the last, not
ready for python 3.x
* polybori is actually python wrapper over another
package called CUDD which is included in polybori
and "scons-ified".

There is a strong debate about what to do about
the situation.

* fork upstream and keep it as a separate package but
no one really wants to be the maintainer.

* autotool CUDD (Andrew Ohanar prodded upstream to
see if they would be willing to adopt any autotooling
we provide without answer so far) and move the
python binding in sage itself making its maintenance
a shared task amongst sage dev. CUDD would become
a standard package to replace polybori. Note it is
currently shipped inside polybori so it is not something
new.

* Hybrid in between those two.

More details on the ticket. I would very much would
go with autotooling CUDD and move the wrapper.
The fork of polybori would also move to autotool
as its build system at this stage.

Because of strong opinions on the ticket and the burden
of the various options, Jeroen pointed out that we
should get some kind of consensus here before moving
forward.

So we would very much want to hear from other devs
on what to do with polybori.

Francois