On 13/06/15 12:41, Nathann Cohen wrote:
This mail advertises a couple of changes that appeared in the latest beta:

- "sage -t" now involves all (installed) optional packages by default [1]

Cool!

   This means that if you installed an optional package X, you don't have to add
   "--optional=sage,X" to "sage -t" in order to run the optional doctests. It
   also means that running "make ptestlong" will also test all available
optional
   packages.

   In particular, this means that we will run those tests more often than we did
   in the past (the many broken doctests were proof of that).

   If you run a patchbot, I expect that installing optional packages on their
   copy of Sage should lead them to run those optional doctests too.

What is our politic about that? Should we force a patchbot green light with respect to all optional packages?

I guess that the patchbot should be adapted:

1) the set of installed optional packages appear on the patchbot report.

2) Right now, patchbot are considered different if they run on different architecture or OS. But if the optional packages installed differ this is also a major difference,

others?

Vincent