On Friday, June 19, 2015 at 8:16:38 AM UTC-5, Volker Braun wrote:

> PS: Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Xcode (as opposed to just
> upgrading?)
>
> I'm sure a shoddy job of doing that is what got me in this mess in the
first place. Over the many osx, xcode, and commandline tools upgrades this
machine has witnessed, things are scattered all over the place.

If I understand correctly, Xcode is now a full-fledged 'app' and now comes
bundled with CommandLine tools. So I don't have to install them separately.
This means I can delete the directory /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools,
right?
I am inclined to also delete things like clang and gcc from /usr/bin, as I
don't want a reinstall of Xcode to assume things are hunky-dorey in that
directory.
(Comment/Question: one down-side of full-fledged 'app' is that there is no
uninstall; moving it to the trash is not accompanied by my os looking
around for other files to delete/modify. What, if anything, should I delete
from /usr/bin or /usr/include or ...?)