To answer more precisely: the engineers who will be recruited will be
engineers and not mathematician, so they will work mostly on
non-mathematical improvement. For the mathematical content, we will still
rely on the good will of researchers (even though, some of our time is also
given to OpenDreamKit). This said, there will be many sage days and
development days organized through the OpenDreamKit project and it also
seems to me that symbolics would indeed be an interesting subject.