On 4 July 2015 at 15:19, Julien Puydt <julien.pu...@laposte.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le vendredi 03 juil. 2015 à 16:51:19 (+0100), Nathann Cohen a écrit :
> > > but this is not interactive and no confirmation is requested.  Should
> it?
> >
> > My understanding is that you do not need to in this situation: the
> > user explicitly asked to install a non-GPL-compatible software, so "he
> > is assumed to know what he is doing".

Sure, the user specifically asked to install a piece of software ; but
> did (s)he know it was non-GPL-compatible? Unless there's "non-free" or
> some such
> in the package name, that isn't clear.

That was my position -- a package I had installed many times without even
bothering to look at its license or even the messages output during the
installation, since it was one of several extra packages I often install
and do so with a little script.

John