> In any case, I think that the above amendmend of SageMath's install
> script would make life for package maintainers easier.

I am thinking that if we were to add this 'interactive license
agreement' to the spkg-install of a non-GPL-compatible package, it
could be a problem when that package gets upgraded: now that 'make'
also automatically updates optional packages, this would mean that
whoever has non-GPL-compatible optional packages installed could not
be sure that running 'make' is non-interactive (a possible problem for
the patchbots).

Actually, it means less than I thought: it is easy in a bash script to
check whether a given package is already installed. So we could make
this interactive license agreement a requirement only for the first
install.

Nathnn