On 14 July 2015 at 13:29, Nicolas M. Thiery <nicolas.thi...@u-psud.fr>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 09:59:37PM +0200, Nathann Cohen wrote:
> > > We, European devs, have benefited from NSF funding for Sage in
> > > numerous occasions (Sage days, visits, ...) when we had no funding
> > > here.
> >
> > You are speaking in your own name only. You are not the "Europeans
> > Devs", are are not entitled to speak in their name.
>
> This is right, there was an ambiguity in my statement. It could, with
> a pinch of paranoia, be misinterpreted as you suggest. A statement
> better representing what I meant is:
>
>      ``Many European devs, including me, have ...''

But how many is "many"?  Perhaps "At least one" would be safer.  Which
reminds me of the old joke:

John, Nicolas and Nathann are travelling through Scotland on a train when
they go past a black sheep in a field.  John says "Look, all Scottish sheep
are black!".  Nicolas says "No -- I think you mean *some* Scottish sheep
are black."   Nathann objects and insists on his version: "There exists at
least one sheep in Scotland and at least one of sides is black."

John

PS Nathann, this is a *joke*.  No offence is intended.