Le vendredi 31 juillet 2015 03:17:27 UTC+2, Rob Beezer a écrit :

> MathBook XML is the "XML application" I am designing.  It is a collection
> of XML "tags" meant to be usable for an author: chapter, section, theorem,
> example, exercise, etc.  I have written converters to LaTeX (for PDF,
> print) and to HTML.  Other conversions are possible and planned.  It's main
> purpose is for authors creating new content.

Thanks for the clarifications.
It has some common features with what I'm exploring by combining latex,
hevea, giac and HTML5, but also big differences. In my current prototype,
you add \input{giac.tex} in the tex file preamble, this defines a few new
latex commands like \giaccmdmath{factor}{x^4-1}. If you compile with hevea
instead of latex or pdflatex, you get a HTML output where the input x^4-1
can be replaced by the reader, pressing Enter or clicking factor will
evaluate the command. Similar to your sage-enabled book.
The main difference is that the source code is a latex file, it's
straightforward to add interactivity to existing files. Moreover, the HTML
output does not depend on a server to execute the commands. The javascript
compilation of giac (giac.js) is downloaded once, then it executes locally
all commands (tested with Firefox, Safari and Chrome, for IE plot outputs
are not rendered correctly).
Compiling requires hevea <http://hevea.inria.fr> and giac.tex
<http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/%7Eparisse/giac/giac.tex>, see example
of commands in test.tex
<http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/%7Eparisse/giac/test.tex> or a more
complete example I started a few weeks ago by adapting a course in French
<http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/mat249/mat237.html> (replace
html by tex in the link above to see the source code).
There are probably some ideas that could be shared between the two
projects. For example, your output could also use giac.js for computation
and be server-independant.