I have written a couple of AUTHORS-blocks, but I think I did it not to have
a credit but to be responsible for the code.

AUTHORS blocks are rather for developers, not for end users. These blocks
are rather hindrance for end users as  they usually appear at the head of a
documentation but these information, like TODO and TESTS, is not usually
what the user expects to see in the doc.  These developer-oriented blocks
are better to be hidden or placed in less prominent place for the end users.