On Mon, 21 Sep 2015, William Stein wrote:

If anything, I think we should systematically do vastly *more* to
clearly acknowledge and appreciate the code contributors to Sage.
They are by far the most important people to the existence of Sage.

As a code contributor I feel that core contributors should deserve more thanks, not me...

But what if I start to write my name to comments? Then they can later be semi-automatically extracted, if wanted? Like

def foo():
    """
    Do foo.
    """