> >> That's what
> >>
> >>     # long time
> >>
> >> is supposed to be for.
> >
> > I don't think so. You wouldn't want to see a doctest take one hour to
> > run, even if it is flagged with 'long time'. I don't know about you,
> > but I run 'long' doctests several time per day on some files.

If you have tests that take too long, then we need another tag "# really
> long".

Maybe we really do, since I can remember a number of tickets where tests
were removed or changed from the most useful versions because even the
"long" tests were running more than X seconds in the file (for a smallish
value of X, not 3600 or something).  Then at least one could run the really
long tests before a stable release.  But many of those really do have great
value for users even if it is impractical to run them every time tests are
run.