On Wed, 18 Nov 2015, Nathann Cohen wrote:

For instance when using graphs:
- installing 'bliss' makes .automorphism_group() run *much* faster

Hmm... now the documentation says "If algorithm = "bliss" the automorphism group is computed using the optional package - -", and on edge_labels before that "Note that this option is not supported if algorithm="bliss"". So the user is left with the question "Why the hell should I use bliss, as it only reduces one possible option?"

Should this be a NOTE? Or mentioned at ALGORITHM?

I am not sure about this. Maybe we could suppose that the user reads the documentation when the code seems slow.

"Optimization tips" in a different page, maybe with subsection "graph theory"? Hmm... maybe no. You ask hard questions.

--
Jori Mäntysalo