Let me summarize an exchange of messages I just had with Richard.
He is upset by the fact that tax dollars (NSF grants) go to people who have
pleasure
working. Is he unable to comprehend how this is at all possible?
I wonder whether throughout his career he ever had any pleasure working...

I just hope that he won't start lobbying for making sure that any
tax-funded work is always
accompanied by some truly horrendous pain and suffering inducing activity,
such as daily
filling 100-page long forms on a typewriter...

Follow-ups ro sage-flame please...