On Sun, 10 Jan 2016, Nils Bruin wrote:

I would argue the opposite, making local accounts is exactly what you usually do to let users run their own programs (i.e. execute arbitrary code).

I would agree with that. However, one would also expect that a notebook
server that can manage accounts for, say, a class, allows
creation/modification/deletion of accounts via the web interface it provides
(via its admin account).

Currently SageNB allows creation and modification of accounts. I think that real deletion is still impossible, i.e. the worksheets remain even after deleting a user account. And more, a new user with same username will see them. (Btw, that happens also on plain Linux, if you delete a user with largest uid and there was files not looked at by userdel -r.)

--
Jori Mäntysalo