On Mon, 25 Jan 2016, Volker Braun wrote:

Examples of not "getting" code review from this thread:
* At review of some small addition we start a general discussions about what
Poset should do and then everybody votes on that
* Dislike of change/design pattern/author/..., hence I'm not reviewing this
* I just make some comments on the ticket but would never set it to positive
review.

For last point see http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/13250 and my comment "I have no other comments." There is nothing wrong about commenting a ticket, as long as it is clearly said to be only a comment, not a final rewiev. For docstrings it would be very good to have comments from those who do not read the code.

But long discussion about general principles in a specific ticket is bad.

Second point is what I wrote about. We should try to have a common view. OR explicit anti-rule to accept several styles. For example PEP-8 says "- - single-quoted strings and double-quoted strings are the same. This PEP does not make a recommendation - -"

--
Jori Mäntysalo