Dear all,

   1. Should we use aliases when some object/concept has several names in
   mathematics?
   - Pro: Make the method easier to find
      - Con: Too many method names makes searching via tab-completion for
      instance more difficult
   2. When renaming a method, should we put an alias, or a deprecated alias?

The rationale for question 1. is that it is sometimes hard to agree on a
name for a method, and using aliases may sometimes solve the difficulty (cf
for instance #18617 <http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/18617>). The rationale
for question 2. is the following: There is a large variety of different
polynomial rings in Sage, with inconsistencies between the method names
(for instance leading_monomial vs lm); Adding consistency means renaming
some methods.

Cheers,

Bruno