On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 8:44:45 PM UTC+2, William wrote:
>>
>> [...] toward standard open source practices.
>

> You mean like in the Linux kernel, which uses a single monolithic git
> repository?

No piece of user-mode software is so special that it should look to
the Linux kernel as a good project to emulate.

> Really, modularization is not a useful goal in of itself. And it comes with
> its own sets of issues, see the left-pad fiasco last week when the nodejs
> clown boat caught fire.

That kind of issue is not so common though which is why it was such a
fiasco. If this happened all the time you wouldn't even hear about it.

[As an aside I wouldn't characterize an entire developer community as
a 'clown boat']