On 2016-04-14 15:46, Erik Bray wrote:
If truly nobody can maintain an affiliated package
anymore it might die. And that's a problem since it might mean loss of
functionality for users

A logical conclusion from the above that it's a simply a bad idea to split up Sage into separate packages unless somebody really cares about maintaining each of those packages. I care about cysignals since I wrote most of it, but if nobody cared we should not have split it up.

The converse should also be true: if a package is no longer actively worked on, it should be folded back into Sage core. I think this would currently be a good idea for SageNB.

Jeroen.