On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Kwankyu Lee <ekwan...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Chris -- who wrote abelfunctions -- is a Univ of Wash grad student I
>>> know.  I recently ran into him and he told me that he had spent years
>>

>> This is a good point; we could use more infrastructure for supporting the
>> advertising of packages of this kind.
>

> And it would be nice to include some guidelines  for development of these
> external Sage packages in the Sage developer manual. The topics would
> include
>
> - Tips for better integration with Sage core
> - Standard (or recommended) way to install the package into Sage (before
> "make" and after "make")
> - Proper versioning
> - How to be advertised in the SageMath website

Chris started with something here:

  https://gist.github.com/cswiercz/c632d920565a2da519b73bd2b79d7920

Rather than a section of the sage reference manual, I would prefer a link
(in the sage reference manual, etc.) to a wiki page on github, e.g., there is
a Sage wiki on github here, which we could use:

    https://github.com/sagemath/sage/wiki

 -- William

--
William (http://wstein.org)