On 15/04/16 14:32, mmarco wrote:

LP solvers are used by graphs, coding theory, what else?

knots, geometry.cone, numerical.knapsack, numerical.optimize and
combinat.integer_vector  (and for instance, matrix deppends on this).

Sorry to have to stop the prose about your passion for LP solvers, but you completely misunderstood my post (or possibly not even read it). My proposition was to make the LP solvers part a "Sage core" packages. Meaning that:
 - it does not need Sage to live
 - Sage needs it to live

But again, I think that the priority is to end up with a concrete howto proposal. Not about which part should be split. (with that respect it seems that you also did not read my post).