> Isn't that exactly the current situation? As long as Sage and SageNB are
>> in a separate git repo, we still need somebody to accept pull requests
>> and make releases.
>>

> Yes, but I'm proposing that anybody on the SageNB github team (including
> you) can make the release whenever a Sage ticket requires it.

Yes, as long as their name is on such commits this seems very reasonable;
it's exactly the situation that obtained before sagenb was separated.

Postscript not directly related, but still relevant for the future:

Last night I was thinking about another issue - the eventual proposed
complete removal of sagenb from Sage (which presumably would have to be
quite some time, at least until we know the exporter works pretty
comprehensively (on my docket to check after May 15, though permit me to be
skeptical after all the work that proved even sws2rst and sws2tex were
quite fallible until a lot of extra work was done)).  And what I was
thinking about was
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/sage-devel/8erxWppKxXM/lCtFZY5KBgAJ -
namely that the TinyMCE editor was one of the best ideas ever for sagenb,
warts and all, and that so far neither SMC nor Jupyter notebooks seem to
have a real replacement for this. (I don't know if the exporter deals with
such content, it very well may.)

I've done an awful lot of professional development for college educators
over the past six-seven years, not all Sage-related.  And one thing I know
is that while there will always be bleeding-edge enthusiasts, getting rank
and file to use something that is made by developers, for developers, is a
very hard task.  Easier just to keep that Mma or Maple site license, our
physics people have it anyway... or easier just to use Word (yes) to make
exams and worksheets.  Ok, more realistically people under 50 are probably
using LaTeX :) but you get my point.

That sort of person, who has limited time even if they are excited about
innovation (and this would be even more true at the secondary level) will
most likely not want to go to the trouble to learn markdown.  I have
already witnessed enough workshops incorporating this and seen how people
with PhDs (including myself) struggle - not because it's not inherently
simpler than (say) TeX, but because it's different and unfamiliar, and
you've only got an hour to learn a heck of a lot more than md.  Not to
mention it's far less flexible than WYSIWYG editors like TinyMCE.

So I just want to reiterate that until such time as Jupyter has something
like this (not necessarily TinyMCE, there could be many such solutions),
one can't really consider it a replacement.  It would just be better in
some ways, worse in others.  And that would mean that completely removing
sagenb would be a bit overenthusiastic.

(In the far future where no one learns TeX and WYSIWYG doesn't exist, or
when everyone has a github account and uses md all the time, this argument
is void - but I'm not holding my breath.)

Okay, postscript done :)