Is there really going to be much activity on SageNB in the future? I
appreciate that you fixed the packaging and dependency nightmare, but it
seems that we are now (i.e. after #14840) at the point where we are likely
to just wait and eventually remove SageNB. I always found it frustrating to
do any kind of change on SageNB; there isn't really a good testsuite so you
basically have to check by hand that you don't break stuff. And none of the
core developers use SageNB so we don't really spot breakage that well
either. More than anything else, we can maintain Sage easily because we
have a pretty awesome testsuite.

Having to do two separate commits, one to Sage and one to SageNB, isn't
really that much of a deal in comparison. Of course then waiting
indefinitely for a new SageNB release *IS* a big problem. So as a minimal
proposal, how about we just take over the SageNB github repo and make
releases whenever we need them. Which really isn't all that often.