An interested question: my example from before was not extremely far fetched:
I am working precisely on something of that sort. A is a Cluster algebra, S
are its seeds and current_seed is a pointer to the current seed. Would it be ok
for future  sage integration if I were to implement A.current_seed as a
property or
should I stick to methods?
Thanks
S.