Hi Volker,

On 2016-08-28, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 2:30:27 PM UTC+2, Simon King wrote:
>>
>> Thus, the question remains: How to use the doc builder in order to
>> create in SAGE_ROOT/local/share/ the documentation of a pip-installable
>> module,
>

> Unless you plan on eventually putting the code in Sage I wouldn't use Sage
> docstring format.

I wouldn't mind to have it in SageMath's src tree, but I guess the
average SageMath user wouldn't like to have thousands of lines of Cython
code in the src tree that are useless without a certain optional package.

> E.g google-style docstrings are a better syntax, have
> better tooling (sphinx-napoleon), and nicer looking output.

Is it possible to use "sage -t" on such docs? Can you point me to a
documentation of google-style docstrings? And last but not least: My
optional package uses SageMath-style since version 1.0. Is there a tool
that helps converting it to google-style?

>> and how can one have links to the (local copy of the)
>> documentation of SageMath?
>>

> By setting up intersphinx
> with local/share/doc/sage/inventory/en/reference/objects.inv,
> see http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/ext/intersphinx.html

Thanks!

Best regards,
Simon