On 2016-09-10 18:36, Johan S. H. Rosenkilde wrote:
> Without this or a similar schema, working on multiple tickets becomes
> absolutely unbearable for me due to compilation time. How do you guys
> cope with that?

Having a version of each stable/rc/beta SageMath in a separate
directory. Every now and then I delete an old rc/beta. For working on a
ticket I use exactly the version of the branch of this ticket.
Recompiliation time is very low in this way (usually).

I have one additional directory "merge", which is only the git
repository without anything created for
- looking at tickets if I am in doubt about the current version (git
describe) and
- for merging in a newer stable/rc/beta into a branch.

Best wishes

Daniel