Le vendredi 02 décembre 2016 à 13:23 -0800, Volker Braun a écrit :
> On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 9:39:13 AM UTC+1, Dima Pasechnik
> wrote:
> > Do you understand the story about root certs here? Is it a missing
> > python code (in some package, existing or not?) that would be able
> > to access OSX certs store?
>
> Apple has the root certs in their own keychain, which OpenSSL can't
> read (i.e. Apple did not upstream their patches to OpenSSL). You can
> manually extract the root certs or download an independent copy of
> them. Either way, a self-compiled OpenSSL will not benefit from OS
> updates to the root cert store.

This is an extremely serious problem, which I didn't grasp initially.
(To me, it's probably a conta-indication of Macs to anything a bit
serious : somehow, I have less trust in Apple's administration of the
root certs than, say, Debian's. Prejudiced ? Certainly : I've been
burned before...).
Do you know if openSSL could be retro-patched to be able to use the
systemwide installation of Apple's root certs (which, by hypothesis,
would be updated as needed) as a default ? I think that this question
has both technical and (pseudo-)legal aspects.
--Emmanuel Charpentier